Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web


Domestic Violence

Remedies for domestic violence include non-molestation orders, occupation orders and protection from harassment. Non-molestation orders and occupation orders can be obtained from the County Court, these Orders are sometimes called Injunctions. Alternatively the Police can prosecute under the Protection from Harassment Act.

Domestic violence can be verbal and emotional as well as physical.

If the violence is serious and/or you are frightened  what your partner or ex-partner might do we can apply for the Orders without them knowing about it. This is called without notice. In most cases they will have the opportunity to defend themselves at a later hearing although you will still have the protection of the earlier Order.

If you need advice on a legal matter please contact us, and we will respond as soon as possible, or call us on 01923 225212.

Divorce and Separation

Practice Area - Family

We are a member of Watford Business Club
The Partners are Members of the LLP | Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | Registered office: 5 George Street, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0SQ
Penman Sedgwick LLP is a limited liability partnership, registered in England and Wales under registered number OC330645