Debt Recovery - Guide to Our Fees
These costs apply where:
- your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice
- the invoice is not disputed by the debtor
- enforcement action is not needed
If the debtor disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
||Our fee (incl. VAT)
||Total (inc VAT)|
|Up to £5,000
||Between £35 – £205 depending on the value of the Claim.
||Typically 2 – 5 hours of our time resulting in costs of between £636 – £1,590 inc VAT, depending on the complexity of the matter.
||Between £841 - £1,795
(Assuming a debt value of £5,000)
|£5,001 - £10,000
||Typically 2 – 6 hours of our time resulting in costs of between £636 – £1,908 inc VAT, depending on the complexity of the matter
||£1,091 - £2,363
|£10,001 - £50,000
||5% value of the claim
||Typically 2 – 8 hours of our time resulting in costs of between £636 – £2,544 inc VAT, depending on the complexity of the matter
||Between £636 – £2,544 [plus Court fee of 5% of the value of the Claim]
Our fee includes:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgment in default
- When Judgment in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within X days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters typically take 2 - 24 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.