The commercial property team at Penman Sedgwick is a dynamic team of ex-city lawyers experienced in dealing with the demands and pressures of today’s commercial property world. We specialise in helping our clients to buy, sell, develop and let their land, shops, offices and other business premises and we can help you with all aspects of your property transaction.
Our team’s primary role is to protect all your commercial property interests. However we never lose sight of commercial reality and we aim, where appropriate, to provide practical solutions.
We have a strong reputation for our expertise in commercial property work and we are proud of the quality of service we provide to clients.
We have a range of clients ranging from individuals who have invested in property to generate an income to publicly quoted companies.
Broadly speaking we provide the following key services:
- Advice on the acquisition and sale of leasehold and freehold properties for the purpose of occupation or investment (see our Estate Development page for information on development work)
- Advice for both landlords and tenants on commercial leases including:
- Granting new leases
- Surrendering existing leases
- Extending or varying leases
- Assigning or subletting leases
- Granting consents
- Acting for banks and their customers in relation to secured lending
- VAT, Stamp Duty Land Tax and other tax implications
- Sales and purchases of properties at auction
If you need advice on a legal matter please contact us, and we will respond as soon as possible, or call us on 01923 225212.