Moving house is widely acknowledged as being one of life's most stressful experiences.
To eliminate this as much as possible:
- The Penman Sedgwick Residential Conveyancing department makes it a priority to liaise with you at each stage of the transaction with clear, accurate and relevant guidance
- We have produced a handy glossary of the key terms that you may come across as the matter progresses
- We have an experienced and long established residential conveyancing team qualified in all aspects of property law and at the outset we try to ensure that the person you first make contact with deals with the matter in its entirety and that they are readily accessible to guide you through the conveyancing process
- We maintain the highest standards on our clients' behalf to prevent problems arising at a later date or on a subsequent resale, whilst of course appreciating that you often want the transaction to proceed swiftly
Conveyancing Quality Scheme
The firm has secured membership of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which is the mark of excellence for the home buying process. The firm was assessed by the Law Society in order to secure CQS accreditation and having achieved this the firm has been marked out as meeting high standards in the residential conveyancing work that we do.
CQS accreditation is only open to members of the Law Society who meet the required standards, and has the support of the Council of Mortgage Lenders, the Building Societies Association, the Legal Ombudsman and the Association of British Insurers.
The President of the Law Society, Lucy Scott-Moncrieff, has said that the Law Society introduced CQS to promote high standards in the home buying process:-
“CQS has established itself as the quality mark of the home-buying sector and enables consumers to identify practices that provide a quality residential conveyancing service. With so many different conveyancing service providers out there, CQS helps home-buyers and sellers seek out that those can provide a safe and efficient level of service.”
Choosing a solicitor to help with buying and selling a home can be difficult, but by looking for a CQS firm like Penman Sedgwick you know that we have proved our commitment to providing a quality service and you can expect to receive a reliable, efficient service – as recognised by the CQS standard.
- Buying property
- Selling property
- Charging and remortgaging property
- Letting property
- Gifting property, and associated tax advice
- Deeds of trust between co-owners
- Option agreements and conditional contracts
If you need advice on a legal matter please contact us, and we will respond as soon as possible, or call us on 01923 225212.